12/22/2015

Voyager to tour Australia & Europe spring 2016 alongside Epica/Leprous

Progmetal has been on my mind for a long time in recent days. But as always things change so these days I'm back with the thrash metal direction but sometimes a prog band crosses my path that let's me think back to those prog days.

Such a thing happened when I heard about Voyager and saw their clip of "Hypenventilating". It's this mixture of power with emotions and melody that turns my attention towards them.

I call these elements of the sound "dreaming elements". They're often missing in today's prog metal sound where the focus is more set on heavyness. It's these dream elements I would like to see coming back in and Voyager happily still has them.


As ever so often when I discover such bands there's the wish to witness a live performance of them. Well, this could become a reality since Voyager has been confirmed to open up for Epica and Leprous in spring 2016 in Australia as well as in Europe.

Here is a round up of the dates, make sure to reserve your tickets early. I'm pretty sure those Epica shows will go quickly as the band was able to gain a lot of new fans in the last months. Maybe also a nice idea for a christmas gift. ;-)

The European 2016 dates with Leprous are as follows:

31/03: TBA
01/04: 's Hertogenbosch, (NL), W2 www.w2.nl
02/04: Helmond, (NL), Cacaofabriek www.cacaofabriek.nl
03/04: Hoofddorp, (NL), Podium Duycker www.duycker.nl
05/04: TBA
06/04: Essen, (DE), Turock www.turock.de
07/04: Pratteln, (CH), Z7 www.z-7.ch
08/04: Strasbourg, (FR), La Laiterie www.artefact.org
09/04: Durbuy, (BE), Durbuy Rock Festival www.durbuyrock.be

Here's a overview on the shows with Epica in Australia:

(c) by Epica, used with kind permission


Also make sure to see the Voyager Facebook webpage for all the latest updates about the band.

No comments:

Post a Comment